Hopefully this will be the last surgery she will ever need! Her story as well as anyone knows it, is that she was hit by a car, crushing her right front leg. Her family then proceeded to do absolutely nothing! That's right nothing, no treatment, no pain medication, NOTHING!!! I don't know why they did nothing to help her, if they didn't think it was that bad, didn't have the money for the care or just thought she might be taken away from them. It doesn't matter, there is no excuse for treating an animal this way. They finally surrendered her to Pug Rescue of Florida a week later when her leg was rotting off and gangrene had set in. The infection was eating away at her leg to the point where the bones were visible and the gangrene had spread up into her shoulder. They had no choice but to remove her leg in order to save her life. Below are pictures of Dakota right right after surgery (the picture in the first post was also right after) and another just 3 days after her surgery. Lastly, I posted the pictures of her the night the pug rescue got her showing the condition of her little leg. The pictures are pretty graphic so I have posted them lower down so that you have to scroll down if you want to see them.
This was her when she was surrendered. I don't know how someone could let an animal suffer like this...





1 comment:
Hello it's Dakota's (AKA Molly's) foster mom April. I got an email tonight letting me know about you and your blog. I am so happy that Molly will soon have a forever home! :-)
Post a Comment